Re: debugging with gdb

On Fri, Nov 12, 2004 at 11:38:24AM +0000, Will Wagner wrote:
> Can you give me more information on what configuration options I need to
> set.
>
> I have tried to build my application so that its address is set at
> compile time and is different from the one redboot uses. However this
> doesn't work. What gdb stubs options must I build the application woth?

There are a number of ways of doing this, most of which has been
endlessly disucusses on the mailling list. See the archive.

Some people setup redboot to use bootp and the application to use
DHCP. You then need to configure your servers to give out different
addresses.

Others configure redboot with a fixed address and then let the
application use dhcp.

        Andrew