Re: EXEEXT settable in generated buildtree, via CDL ??

On Fri, Nov 26, 2004 at 02:51:37AM -0800, sandeep wrote:
> > If you look at the tail of the root makefile you
> will
> > see something like:
> >
> > $(PREFIX)/include/pkgconf/ecos.mak: makefile
> >         @echo 'ECOS_GLOBAL_CFLAGS = -Wall
> > -Wpointer-arith -Wstrict-prototypes -Winline -Wundef
> > -Woverloaded-virtual -g -O2 -ffunction-sections
> > -fdata-sections -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions
> -fvtable-gc -finit-priority' > $@
> >         @echo 'ECOS_GLOBAL_LDFLAGS = -g -nostdlib
> > -Wl,--gc-sections -Wl,-static' >> $@
> >         @echo 'ECOS_COMMAND_PREFIX =
> > $(COMMAND_PREFIX)' >> $@
>
> i have seen this earlier also, but i haven't seen
> ecos.mak included by subdirectory makefiles in
> buildtrees generated by ecosconfig versions 1.3.net or
> 2.0b1 (on win2K), though ecos.mak gets generated
> during make. i cross-checked this fact with both the
> versions before sending this mail.

True. I made a mistake here, jumping to conclusions without
checking. That seemed the logical purpose of this section of code but
in fact it seems not to be used. Instead each makefile gets its own
copy of these definitions.

We need some import from the designers of the build system. How should
this work...

> however if you look at the beginning of the file, part
> contents comes from global build options, this is what
> i had tried many months back - having a new global
> build option CYGBLD_EXEEXT / CYGBLD_GLOBAL_EXEEXT ,
> but it didn't appear in generated tree (though it was
> in .ecc file)

I suspect this is hardcoded. [Goes can checks this time..]  Yep, take
a look at
host/tools/configtool/common/common/build.cxx:generate_makefile().

        Andrew