multi-ice-gdb-server stops working under newer cygwin

A couple months ago, I followed the instructions on ecos.sourceware.org
and successfully built multi-ice-gdb-server.exe. It danced with ARM
multi-ice server and arm-elf-gdb without any problem.

Then recently my PC was reformatted for an unrelated reason. I had to
reinstall everything, including a newer version cygwin. All the sudden,
arm-elf-gdb is now unable to complete the connection to
multi-ice-gdb-server:

##"C:\Program Files\ARM\Multi-ICE\multi-ice-gdb-server.exe"
--remote-port 9000 --byte-sex l --config-dialog

GNU Multi-ICE GDB server 1.0

Connected to the Multi-Ice target.

Targeted ARM core: ARM9 0

Target characteristics:

        Hardware?:              YES

        Comms Channel?:         YES

        Endian-ness:            LITTLE

        Single-Step Support:    NO

        Load Size:              32768

        Custom Load?:           NO

No other modules found on debug target.

GDB Server starting on port 9000

Got a connection from localhost

Not a good vector or eCos not running!

putpkt(read): Resource temporarily unavailable

readchar: Resource temporarily unavailable

Closing connection...

###arm-elf-gdb

Target remote localhost:9000

A little dig reveals that this is caused by a socket read error within
function readchar in file remote-utils.c. I don't know how to
investigate this problem further. Does anybody have seen this behavior
before?

Thanks
--Jianding--