Re: ecos-c and /cygdrive/c

Hi Richard

Richard Deeley wrote:

OK, after much battling I finally got configtool to run under
a new copy of cygwin. It seems to be sort of working (no warnings
and build gets through a number of stages before it finally dies)

But now I am stuck with the somewhat evil /ecos-c mount issue.
This affects cygpath and consequently numerous other apps (such
as rebuilding gcc, which it seems I may need to fix one of the
ecos related problems)

I am intending to get rid of the /ecos-N mounts soon. This hack was required to guarantee text-mode access to source files for use with very old eCos toolchains. More recent toolchains do not care whether the sources are accessed via a filesystem mounted in binary mode or text mode.

Is there a way of building ecos in a way that it will use
/cygdrive/c rather than /ecos-c ? And/or is there some way
of tweaking existing files so that it would be happy with /cygdrive/c instead ?

You can modify the behaviour of the eCos host tools using the ECOS_USE_CYGDRIVE symbol in:

host/tools/configtool/common/common/build.cxx

John Dallaway
eCosCentric Limited