Re: Re: configure configuretool error

> > '\r' is the return symbol,if I re_edit the configure script to remove the
> "\r" ,and then make a new "return",It will work.
had suspected so. if there are lots of files, manual editing will be pain for
you.

> > But there are so many '\r's, how can I correct them at one time under
> Linux.(I'm not familiar with Linux's software of editing)
check out if you have any of following available on your installation -
dos2unix, d2u, tounix or any other names program that converts the dos kind of
newline (consisting of \r and \n) into unix kind (only \n).
otherwise search on net and download either source for either or binary package
for your installation.

some of these will support recursive option, that makes your life easier.
otherwise try this (considering mydir is the directory holding "text" files
needed to be cleaned of \r) -

find mydir -type f -exec dos2unix {} \;

substitue dos2unix by appropriate program name available with you.
'man find'/ 'info find' will help you get familiar with find.

remember not to apply dos2unix (and equivalents) on binary files.

sandeep

=====
visit me at http://members.fortunecity.com/sandeepkumar/

The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!