Re: Codewarrior Vs GCC for embedded powerpc development

On Thursday 06 January 2005 10:24, Andrew Lunn wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 02:13:30AM +0100, Amit Malyala wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I have a questiong regarding develpment of software for the Motorola
> > mpc500 family of microcontrollers.
> >
> > I want to compare codewarrior with GCC for developing software for
> > embeddd applications.  I am considering using gcc for a project on
> > qspi communication of the mpc555 to sd cards.
> >
> > Please compare them in terms of usability , portability and any other
> > features you might think , worth considering..
>
> In terms of eCos, eCos uses gcc extensions which corewarrier will not
> support. So i expect codewarrior will not produce working executables,
> a big minor point for it.
>
>         Andrewy

Hello all,

I used CodeWorrior now I switch to gcc and eCos - I think this solution is
more powerful and for sure cheaper than CodeWarrior ( but Metrowerks gives
you full, graphical IDE and high price ).
Free your mind, choose Open Source.

Best Regards
jerzy