Re: redboot over VxWorks

Andrew Lunn wrote:

SECTION_rom_vectors in my idl file also set to 0x80000.
I nice download my redboot.bin at 0x80000, but when i go to this address("g 0x80000" command in VxWorks bootloader), my console is hanged(i so think),
and no error present. What it can be?

The default RAM application configuration will assume there is a redboot ROM installed on the target and will try to make use of it. You need to configure your system to not do this by disabling CYGPKG_HAL_ROM_MONITOR.

Or you can install redboot as your boot loader.

Andrew

I need check that redboot work's fine, before install redboot as my bootloader.

Please check that:
---
root@house:/opt/ecos/build2# ecosconfig --verbose --srcdir=/opt/ecos/ecos-2.0/packages/ new ixdp425 redboot
U CYGSEM_HAL_USE_ROM_MONITOR, new inferred value 0
U CYGIMP_HAL_COMMON_INTERRUPTS_USE_INTERRUPT_STACK, new inferred value 0

root@house:/opt/ecos/build2# ecosconfig --verbose --srcdir=/opt/ecos/ecos-2.0/packages/ import /opt/ecos/ecos-2.0/packages/hal/arm/xscale/ixdp425/current/misc/redboot_RAM.ecm

root@house:/opt/ecos/build2# ecosconfig --verbose --srcdir=/opt/ecos/ecos-2.0/packages/ check
Target: ixdp425
Template: redboot
Added:
CYGPKG_IO_FLASH
CYGPKG_IO_ETH_DRIVERS
CYGPKG_MEMALLOC
CYGPKG_COMPRESS_ZLIB
No conflicts
---

I'm see that CYGSEM_HAL_USE_ROM_MONITOR inferred value 0, this is default setting.
What i should change in output ecos.ecc file?
This is cutted from result ecos.ecc:

cdl_option CYGSEM_HAL_USE_ROM_MONITOR {
   # Flavor: booldata
   # No user value, uncomment the following line to provide one.
   # user_value 1 GDB_stubs
   # The inferred value should not be edited directly.
   inferred_value 0 0
   # value_source inferred
   # Default value:  CYG_HAL_STARTUP == "RAM" ? "GDB_stubs" : 0
   #     CYG_HAL_STARTUP == RAM
   #   --> 1 GDB_stubs
   # Legal values:  "Generic" "GDB_stubs"
   # Requires:  CYG_HAL_STARTUP == "RAM"
   #     CYG_HAL_STARTUP == RAM
   #   --> 1

# The following properties are affected by this value
# option CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_INCLUDE_STUBS
# Requires: ! CYGSEM_HAL_USE_ROM_MONITOR
# option CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_CTRLC_SUPPORT
# ActiveIf: CYGSEM_HAL_USE_ROM_MONITOR || CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_INCLUDE_STUBS
# option CYGSEM_HAL_VIRTUAL_VECTOR_INHERIT_CONSOLE
# ActiveIf: CYGSEM_HAL_USE_ROM_MONITOR
# option CYGSEM_HAL_VIRTUAL_VECTOR_INIT_WHOLE_TABLE
# DefaultValue: CYG_HAL_STARTUP != "RAM" || !CYGSEM_HAL_USE_ROM_MONITOR
};

--
Nickolay