Do the prebuilt toolchains include newlib?

I'm new to eCos, and was glad to see that running the installation tool provided me with a pre-built cross toolchain for my target (arm-elf). I verified I got the tools, but what about newlib? I can't seem to find basic stuff, like libc. The notes for building your own toolchain (http://ecos.sourceware.org/build-toolchain.html) indicate newlib gets built when gcc gets built, which makes me wonder what the pre-built tools provided.

The other reason I'm looking for newlib is I have to do some porting there, too. I've read the newlib documentation, and anticipiate having to port newlib to deal with things like interfacing to my console device. But where's the source? Of course, I can download newlib sources myself, but it seems I'd be essentially building newlib from scratch. This leads me back to my original question: Do the pre-built toolchains "come with" newlib?

Thanks,

Alan