Re: question about eCos RTOS!

On Fri, 2005-01-21 at 16:35 +0100, Wei Dong wedon03 wrote:
> Hi!
> Do you know something about:
>
> First, is eCos safety critical source, or is eCos provide any
> solution for safety critical in medical device area and traffic
> control application?

No, eCos is not certified (nor intended) for such applications.
While we believe that it operates properly, it would be necessary
for the application designer to validate it for critical systems.

Of course, eCos is open source so you have everything you need to
perform this validation, as well as implement fail-safe strategies,
etc.

> Second, is eCos support target board with MMU and is eCos support MMU?

eCos is designed for "small" embedded systems.  When the hardware
includes an MMU, in general it is used but only to provide a well
controlled, flat address space.  eCos is not a virtual memory system
like Linux.