Re: RealTek 8139 driver on eCos

Note: this question really belongs on the eCos discussion list so that
all may benefit from the result.  Private support is only available
with a support contract.

On Sun, 2005-01-30 at 17:11 +0800, åè wrote:
> Hello
>
> I don't know how to express the happy feeling last night when I know
> there is a RealTek 8139 driver on eCos.
> I am so happy to know this, sincerely.
>
> But when I try to use the driver, there is some problems. (8^O)
>
> I use the Realtek driver and build the image sucessfully, and try to
> execute the "ping_test" and "ping_lo_test" from eCos net tests
>
> But it all goes fail if i ping someone else (besides ping 127.0.0.1)
>
> search the duscussion, some people say that the driver could't work on
> RTL8139C onboard device
> But the device I used is an RTL8139C PCI card, not chip onboard.
> I also try it on RTL8139B PCI card, but it failed again
>
> Which of the chipset is actually support by RealTek 8139 driver on
> eCos?

I have successfully used 8139D and I know that the driver was originally
written for the 8139C (or maybe even B).

What system are you using this with?  A standard PC or other system
with PCI?

What sort of debugging have you attempted?  You can turn on the CDL
option 'CYGDBG_DEVS_ETH_RLTK_8139_CHATTER' to get a fair amount of
information without doing anything to the sources.