Re: Update of doc-latest/ref

On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 07:59:41AM +0100, Peter Korsgaard wrote:

>  >> Could the one in charge of
>  >> http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/ref have a look at the
>  >> cronjob? It doesn't seem to get updated anymore - E.G. my
>  >> CYG_TTY_IN_FLAGS_* fix from December isn't there, the SPI
>  >> documentation is missing, ..
>
>  Andrew> Its not a cron job. Its a human job, and this particular
>  Andrew> human is being lazy/overworked at the moment...
>
> Ups ;) Sorry then - wouldn't it be pretty easy to automate?

It would need some work. The different versions of the tools vary in
the degree of correctness to the sgml. The tools on my debian system
seem quite happy to ignore missing closed paragraphs, etc. Where as
the tools on a RedHat system will stop dead and give error messages.
The HTML produced by these different tools is also a bit different, so
the CVS diff is quite large...

So automating it would have to send out an email when it all went
wrong, and it should not overright the current html until it has
successfully genereted all the new html.

If you feel upto the challange, feel free to give it a go. All the
sgml is in the normal eCos tree. The website is just another part of
the CVS repository. You can check that part our using the module name
htdocs. For testing is suggest you setup your own CVS repository which
you check the html into.

If you need some help or advice, please let us know.

        Andrew