Re: AW: redboot and failed boot switchover

Hi All,

I did some more reading of the docs and could some one here correct my
understanding, in case it is wrong :

I saw that in the mtd/maps/BOARD_file.c
the maps we create as static maps .. can be overwritten by the redboot
config section maps .. this is being done as part of flash_init code
..

So, any jffs2 based images I copy from network / store on flash using
fis create from redboot should be visible here .. ?
The only thing I have to do is build the kernel with
CONFIG_MTD_REDBOOT_PARTITIONS which should basically be make xconfig;
(redboot partitions .... option ) ??

I understand that reading / writting to this partition from user space
is trivial ..
but say, I want to update a variable which is like a count or
something from the redboot before it executed the boot script .. how
to do that .. as in what sys_calls / function calls to look for in
redboot code, which I can use and which file vectos.S ?? I can patch
(preferrably  some C file ) to read / write this variable ..

Any other ways to implement this message passing between redboot and linux  ..

Cheers,
Alfred