PPP fails when peer won't pass IP address

I ran into another issue with the PPP stack recently,
and I'd like to get some input on how to address this
problem.

For this particular PPP network, the peer will not
pass its IP address to us during IPCP negotiation.
The eCos PPP stack requests that the peer send the IP
address, but the peer refuses.  This causes the eCos
PPP stack to terminate the connection.  The peer is
not acting "friendly", but I don't think it is doing
anything wrong.  And, of course, both Windows and
Cisco work fine ...

So, here's a simple patch I came up with.  I just set
the address of the peer to our local IP address.  I
don't see any problem with that since the peer is not
addressable in the first place.  The patch appears to
work, but I'm not convinced it's the best approach.
I'd appreciate any comments ... the change is to
src/ipcp.c and the affected function is ipcp_up.

Thanks,
-- Matt

http://my.yahoo.com