From: ecos-discuss-owner@ecos.sourceware.org
[mailto:ecos-discuss-owner@ecos.sourceware.org] On Behalf Of swforhire01
Sent: Monday, February 21, 2005 3:59 PM
To: ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com
Subject: [ECOS] re: evaluating eCos for a real-time control application

Help,

    I'm new to eCos and am evaluating it for a real-time control
application.  My target platform will be an Intel Pentium 4 system.  Cost
and size of target computer platform hardware is not critical, but the
real-time responsiveness of the operating system is.  Can someone specify a
currently available PC motherboard vendor and model (or at least a chip-set)
that will work out-of-box with the currently distributed eCos 2.0 x86
binaries.  I need to run some test code and do some experiments prior to
attempting a modified/customized bsp.  I'm simply looking to bring it up
using RedBoot (preferably over ethernet) and to run some of my test
application code.

Regards,

Jerry W. Rice
ISCS, Inc.