redboot + ixp425

Hi,

We were able to use the ixdp425 based images from
ftp.ges.redhat.com/private/gnupro-xscale-0304022

(as said in the ixp400 release notes for redboot)
and it was working fine ..
but we need to access jffs2 partitions (specifically access a file
which has been saved by a linux user plane process in a separate
parition)

>From what I understand:

The latest source code in this directory doesnt supports jffs2 access
.. open (and other posix) calls are not part of this
neither are commands like mcopy and mount.

IF above are not true, please comment.

Now, I am just shifting to the latest cvs co ecos from ecos cvs server
and compile it for ixdp425 ..
Can someone conform to me that ppl are successfully able to do
compilations from current cvs co ?
any issues / things to watch out for ..
( I see that the directory structure is also different in both these
cases and so am having building ecosconfig also infact .. )

Cheers,
Alfred.