Re: What is the difference between running from redboot and running directly?

ecos@forumakad.pl writes:

> Hello,
>  what are the differences between booting application from redboot and
> booting it directly?
>  Should I change something in eCos to account for not running under
> redboot's control?

RAM applications are built with the assumption that RedBoot has
initialized the hardware, and that it is providing debug and serial IO
services. Such an application will not execute on its own.

ROM (and ROMRAM) applications are built to execute from ROM on board
reset. They therefore contain all the code necessary to initialize and
operate the hardware.

To switch from a RAM development configuration to a ROM production
configuration you should just need to change the startup type in the
configuration tool.

--
Nick Garnett                                     eCos Kernel Architect
http://www.ecoscentric.com                The eCos and RedBoot experts