ixp425 with latest redboot snapshot image

Hi,

I am facing a very peculiar problem,
we can get ixdp425 reference board up without any change from cvs image.
But we cannot get out cutom board up , no display at all ..

We were earlier able to get the redboot working easilly on our board
by using the intel supplied images for redboot from
ftp.ges.redhat.com/private.gnupro-xscale-0304022

The only change we had to do for our board was change in the dram size
in ixdp425.h for our board.

Some more data:
-> we were using rom.ecm earlier (and now)
-> latest image works fine on reference board.
-> rebuild'ed ecosconfig
-> using earlier toolchain .. do I need to use any latest tool chain
or something  ??

Looking for any desperate help.

Cheers,
Alfred