Re: insight can't connect to the redboot

Nick Garnett,hello!

======= 2005-02-24 18:36:11 wrote:=======

>"twomol" <twomol@126.com> writes:
>
>> all,hello
>>       I use insight to connect to the target(ARMS3C44B0) running redboot by serial . After setting the  connection parameters and clicking OK button, Insight hangs . But if I use terminal to connect to the redboot ,I type some words like "$g#67 ", it response words like "$G123456789abcdef0...#xx ". Dose this means that  the connection with stub is right?
>> How can I check out what's the problem?
>>        Thanks  in advance!
>
>That output looks correct for a functioning GDB stub. Instead of using
>Insight, try using command-line GDB instead, you are more likely to
>see any error messages. You could also try turning on logging:
>
>(gdb) set remotelogfile /dev/tty
>(gdb) target remote /dev/ttyXX

Thank you very much !
I'm sorry I use cygwin. Does this also work on Cygwin?
I do that similarly
(gdb) set remotelogfile ~/stablog
(gdb) target remote com1
but there is nothing showing on screen after the command,and the ~/stablog
is empty.
I also try
(gdb) set debug remote 1
(gdb) set remotelogfile ~/stablog
(gdb) target remote com1
The result is the same.

>This should show you everything that passes across the serial link.
>

>--
>Nick Garnett                                     eCos Kernel Architect
>http://www.ecoscentric.com                The eCos and RedBoot experts

regards

        twomol
        twomol@126.com