how does eCos work on Linux

Hello niche,
Thanks for that reply. U made to more clear to me.

I have a problem with Linux BSP which is using the redboot to load the Linux kernel image on to the device.

I would like to narrate the whole scenario in brief.
I user the following command to download the bootloader on to RBR 84:

	/download redboot.bin
	( this works fine)

while Readme of Cirris BSP suggest to use :-

	/download -t 9312 -n 15 -s redboot.bin ( not working)
	( this command in execution stops saying EEPROM not found)

We are able to download the bootloader (redboot.bin) to the target board using download application.

Redboot prompt appears on the screen on the host machine. The following commands were executed successfully.

	# fis init -f

	# fconfig -i

The IP address is not assigned even though there is a DHCP server on the network. So, I tried to configure the IP address with ip_address command as follows.

 	# ip_address -l 100.100.100.43 (configure local IP address)
      # ip_address -d 100.100.100.13 (A tpft server hosted system connected
						to the network through the HUB)

The subnet mask we use in our network is 255.0.0.0. The default subnet mask on the TARGET is 255.255.255.0. Is this making the difference?

Please guide to setup the Network using Redboot.

Regards,
Mukund jampala

--
Nick Garnett                                          eCos Kernel Architect
http://www.ecoscentric.com                     The eCos and RedBoot experts