configtool and ecosconfig problem

I just downloaded cygwin and ecos 2.0 to a Windows 2K PC but I can not
seem to get ecos configured.  When I run configtool, the GUI comes up,
but then immediately crashes.  When I run ecosconfig from a cygwin
command line with the command 'ecosconfig new MCF5272c3' I get the
following errors (I get similar errors regardless of what target I
choose):

Hardware selection: warning
    The target specification lists a package `CYGPKG_HAL_M68K' which is
not present in the component repository.
Hardware selection: warning
    The target specification lists a package `CYGPKG_HAL_M68K_MCF52xx'
which is not present in the component repository.
Hardware selection: warning
    The target specification lists a package
`CYGPKG_HAL_M68K_MCF52xx_MCF5272' which is not present in the component
repository.
Hardware selection: warning
    The target specification lists a package
`CYGPKG_HAL_M68K_MCF52xx_MCF5272_MCF5272C3' which is not present in the
component repository.
Hardware selection: warning
    The target specification lists a package `CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_MCF5272'
which is not present in the component repository.
Hardware selection: warning
    The target specification lists a package
`CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_MCF5272_UART' which is not present in the component
repository.
Unknown template default

I have cygwin and ecos installed on my 'e:' drive.  I do not have enough
space on my 'c:' drive.  In addition, in order to get this far, I had to
modify the ecos.db file.  It seems the 'directory' entry for each of the
packages is a relative path name.  I needed to put the absolute path in
for each entry otherwise I get an error on every package indicating it
does not exist in my repository.  So now in my ecos.db file, the
'directory' lines look like 'directory
e:/cygwin/opt/ecos/ecos-2.0/packages/.....'

My guess is that the tools are using a default path for this stuff but I
can't seem to find any documentation.  I have set
ECOS_REPOSITORY=e:/cygwin/opt/ecos/ecos-2.0/packages

Is there some other environment variable that needs to be set??

Thanks in advance......