default network port on ixp425

Hi,

I am finding that the redboot is using ONLY the network port I give as
my default network port to boot from in the redboot fconfig listing.

>From what I understand redboot should use that port as preferred port
and if it cannot get images from that, it should switch to other
ports.
But, I am observing that its using only one port, which is given in
the preferred list. Its not using the other port at all to get files
??

Was it some known issue and fix is available ??
I am using an old redboot source code as supplied by intel.

Can anyone using IXP425 based boards, conform that he is able to get
both the ports used at same time ?

Expecting some reply.

Cheers,
Alfred