Re: 2 Questions, CVS & RAM setup

On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 12:13:15PM -0500, Linux HA wrote:
> Can anyone help me with this, when I attempt to use cvs
> to get the most recent release I get errors as follows:
>
> mozart(pts/2)$ cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@ecos.sourceware.org:/cvs/ecos login
> Logging in to :pserver:anoncvs@ecos.sourceware.org:2401/cvs/ecos
> CVS password:
> cvs [login aborted]: reading from server: Connection reset by peer
>
> I enter my email address as the ECOS page suggests
> that any password should work.

Works for me. I suggest you talk to your network administrator and see
if your firewall is causing you a problem.

> Second question. I'm working with the AT91EB40A board.
> I have external RAM (@0x2000000). When I attempt to
> d/l an srec (compiled by gcc, no libraries) It complains
> that I doesn't have any RAM there. How do I tell the
> compile that I have RAM at 0 (256K internal after remap)
> and RAM at 0x2000000 (External, 1Mx16)?

Are you getting a linker error, or is redboot telling you you have not
RAM there?

If redboot is the problem you have two options:

1) Disable the checking so that it will allow you to load to any
address. You need to disable CYGSEM_REDBOOT_VALIDATE_USER_RAM_LOADS.

2) Let Redboot know about your extra memory. You need to set
CYGBLD_REDBOOT_MAX_MEM_SEGMENTS to 2 and implement the function
cyg_plf_memory_segment() which reports the extra memory
locations. Take a look at cyg_start() in redboot/src/main.c and
hal/powerpc/moab/current/src/hal_aux.c:cyg_plf_memory_segment() for an
example.

        Andrew