Re: Event based programming in ecos

Frank Pagliughi wrote:

I'm currently reading "Practical Statecharts in C/C++" by Miro Samek. Some
pretty neat ideas for implementing state machines, with examples for doing
it with an RTOS. There are some articles on the web. Search for
"statecharts" and "quantum programming"

http://www.embedded.com/2000/0008/0008feat1.htm
http://www.quantum-leaps.com/

The code library/frameworks are released under GPL, but currently no eCos
port. If I have some time...

I made a port of Quantum Frameworks 2.5 to eCos a few months ago. I got as far as running the Dining Philosophers test before I had to go and work on something else. It seemed to work OK - but without more comprehensive testing, I could not vouch for it's (the port's) reliabilty.

I will have a look for the source code, and if you are interested, try to get an OK to release it.

Tony Butt
CEA Technologies
Canberra, Australia.