Re: synthetic target serial support

On Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 03:31:17PM +0200, Nelly Pison wrote:
> You are very rapid to answer: Thanks
>
> I have build the library now. But when I start a simple program using
> the lst (make only printf) with option --io  (as I see for the synthetic
> erthernet driver) I have the following  error: "unable to find the I/O
> auxiliary program on the current search PATH. Please install the
> appropriate host-side tools"
>
> In fact I don't know use the synth. serial driver :
> - have you a source example
> - is there any documentation about it
> - is there host tools necessary for that (like rawether for ethernet)
> and where if yes
>
> Thanks a lot for your help

The following explains a lot:

http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/ref/hal-synth-arch.html

It will be looking for the executable ecosynth. If you have done an
install from the prebuild binaries this normally lives in

/opt/ecos/libexec/ecos/hal/synth/arch/v2_0/ecosynth

It finds this be using the PATH variable, which in this case needs to
include /opt/ecos/bin. It knows how to get from the bin directory to
the correct subdirectory under libexec.

        Andrew