Strange timer interrupt on i386

Hello,

I use an eCos-configuration that is very similar to the i386 VMware default
template, some of the options are disabled (Realtimeclock (kernel),
Exception Handling, Priority Ceiling, Timeslicing ... all of them belong to
the eCos kernel) and I use ReeBoot (the RedBoot template for i386
VMware) to load my application-binary to the
target. The important thing is that there should be no need to program the
timer used for the RealtimeClock (the one that is also used for timeslicing)
within the eCos-configuration.

In cyg_user_start() I unmask the vector of the RTC (32), because I want to
trigger an interrupt synchronously from my application later on. When the
first thread is scheduled and the interrupts get enabled, an interrupt
caused by the RTC arrives. This also happens when I don't attach any
interrupt handlers to this vector, t.m. also when only the default isr
is attached, but the RTC should not have been programmed before and thus
cause no interrupt.
When I program the RTC (single shot interrupt) again inside cyg_user_start
no interrupt occurs at all, neither when scheduling the first thread nor
when triggering the interrupt (t.m. programming the RTC again (single shot))
inside the first thread.

Is it possible that RedBoot programmed the RTC? In hal_platform_init() the
macro HAL_CLOCK_INITIALIZE() is used.  What does RedBoot need the RTC for?

Has anybody an idea? All hints are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Ciao, Fabian

--
Sparen beginnt mit GMX DSL: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl