Re: Task suspension and resumption in POSIX

"Ali, Khurram" <Khurram_Ali@mentorg.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I have two questions:
>
> 1) I am trying to suspend resume posix threads. I do not see the signals
> for suspending and resuming threads in POSIX. Any ideas on how I can
> suspend the threads?

These are not implemented, they are part of the job control mechanism
which is not supported in eCos.

If you need to to stop and start threads you should really be doing it
using explicit synchronization mechanisms. Stopping and starting
threads without their cooperation is usually a bad idea, since you
don't know what state they are in and it can lead to deadlock.

> 2) I am using insight to debug my applications. I can debug anything in
> the main thread. But as soon as I put a break point in a thread that I
> create from main, insight hangs. Any ideas on how to do this?

I cannot really help here except to suggest trying it from a
commandline-only GDB, which may give you more information about what
is happening.

--
Nick Garnett                                     eCos Kernel Architect
http://www.ecoscentric.com                The eCos and RedBoot experts