From: ecos-discuss-owner@ecos.sourceware.org
[mailto:ecos-discuss-owner@ecos.sourceware.org]On Behalf Of Fuchs,
Torsten
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2005 10:07 AM
To: ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com
Subject: [ECOS] Splitting USB-Packets

Hi,

I need to send or receive large amounts of data via USB using the usbs
slave. The data sizes can under certain circumstances be larger then the RAM
in the system so I have to split the data into blocks. From the hosts point
of view there shall be only one big USB-packet.

Receiving is not a problem but transmitting. When sending multiples of the
maximum packet size (64 Bytes) the device driver generates a zero length
packet to end the data transfer. So the host sees an interrupted packet. I
need an option to supress the generation of this zero length packet to
continue the transmission with another call of usbs_start_tx. Only the last
block should be finished with a zero length packet.

Every modification would not be compatible to the slave package so how can I
solve this problem? In my opinion there should be an additional flag to
enable/ disable the generation of the last packet by the driver.

Thanks
Torsten