Re: RE: eCos Loader

David Bonfrer <ecos@bonfrer.com> writes:

> Where did it go wrong in your dynamic loader?
>
> I now have the relocation types R_386_GLOB_DAT and R_386_JMP_SLOT
> implemented.

It might work for i386, perhaps the elf tools have all the dynamic
support still in place. It didn't work for ARM, MIPS, PowerPC, SH4
etc. The toolchains don't all have the support. It has to work for all
of the architecture we support, not just one. This is why I believe
that object file loading is better than shared libraries, we won't
have to change the toolchains and rewrite the HALs to support this.

--
Nick Garnett                                     eCos Kernel Architect
http://www.ecoscentric.com                The eCos and RedBoot experts