Re: ECOS/Redboot -- Several Questions

I think you may need to read the PQ1 manual a bit more ......

The PQ1 comes out of reset with CS0 owning all of the 4Gig address space hence the flash is always normally at zero to start with. Then normally this is then reduced and relocated up to 0xfe000000 and the SDRAM then located back down to zero. Hence the boot loader starts in flash offset of 0x00000000 then runs with offset 0xfe000000 in flash then usually it copies its self into SDRAM (.. after setting this up of course.) from address offset 0x00000000.

Please note: The MBX template is VERY OUT OF date

Regards

Frank Robbins

Email: frank.robbins@analogue-micro.com

web:http://www.analogue-micro.com

Analogue & Micro Ltd

9 Clytha Park Road

Newport

NP20 4PB

UK (Great Britain)

Tel : 44 (0)1633 666787

Fax : 44 (0)1633 666788

Michael Dorin wrote:

Hello,

I have an 860T based board and am trying to convert
the MBX templete.  However a couple differences:

* My board has CS0 tied to address 0. I believe the
wants to boot from 0xfe000000. I don't have ram
at 0. I have changed the ram.ldi and rom.ldi files
in the pkgconf directory. I have changed the
lib/target.ld files.

I can't seem to get a good link though.

Where might I be missing something?

Second question...