Re: i386 problem

    >> I tried to start with a plain net template, changed the HAL_STARTUP to
    >> FLOPPY and the error on the "make tests" is the same:

    Nick> The main problem seems to be with the profiling support that
    Nick> Bart added in March. I'll leave him to decide what to do
    Nick> about it in the repository, but in the interim you could try
    Nick> moving the

    Nick> #endif  // CYGPKG_PROFILE_GPROF

    Nick> in hal_misc.c to just after the

    Nick> #endif // SMP

    Nick> I've not tried this, so I have no idea whether it will work.

I don't think that is the problem. The #ifdef GPROF conditional
definition of hal_saved_interrupt_state is completely new, previously
the i386 arch hal never provided that variable. Instead it will
usually come from the common HAL's hal_if.c

I just tried a clean build from anoncvs for pc with the net template
and startup changed to floppy. Many of the tests build fine, there is
no problem with hal_saved_interrupt_state. As expected there are some
build failures relating to overflowing the ram region. I suspect the
original poster tried his experiment in an existing build tree and
things got very confused.

Bart

--
Bart Veer                       eCos Configuration Architect