Re: eCos Romable ? (on AT91EB55)

Here is the way I do it.

If you are not retaining Redboot, rebuild eCos lib with ROM startup.
Compile / link your program to the ROM eCos lib.  Strip your executible of debugging
/ symbols (arm-elf-objcopy).  Use a JTAG flash loader to program your
application to 0x10000000 (start of ROM).  Done.  Resetting the board
should run the program.

If you want to retain Redboot, modify the .ldi file in HAL to a ROM
address just above the Redboot sectors.  Rebuild eCos with ROM
startup. Compile / link your program to the ROM eCos lib.  Strip your executible of debugging
/ symbols.  Use a JTAG flash loader to program your
application to the start sectors just past Redboot sectors.
Use the Redboot 'fconfig' script command to have Redboot to 'go' to the
start of the application.

If you don't have a JTAG / loader, use redboot 'load' to temperarly put
the executable into some unused RAM space.  Then use 'fis write' to put the
program into the ROM start location.

-S