Building binutils

I'm trying to build an arm tool chain  for ECOS per the build
instructions.

I have a fresh install of cygwin and all the recommended sources.

Each time I try to build the binutils-2.13.1    I get the following
error message from the make.

This seems to be a problem with the version of makeinfo.?  I'm using
version 4.8 of makeinfo.

make[4]: Leaving directory `/buildbin/binutils/doc'
make[3]: Leaving directory `/buildbin/binutils/doc'
rm -f config.texi
echo '@set VERSION 2.13.1' > config.texi
makeinfo  -I /binutils-2.13.1/binutils/doc
/binutils-2.13.1/binutils/doc/binutils.texi
/binutils-2.13.1/binutils/doc/binutils.texi:51: Unknown index `ky'
and/or `cp' in @synindex.
makeinfo: Removing output file `/buildbin/binutils/doc/binutils.info'
due to errors; use --force to preserve.
make[2]: *** [binutils.info] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/buildbin/binutils/doc'
make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/buildbin/binutils'
make: *** [install-binutils] Error 2
make: Leaving directory `/buildbin'

I've tried several different version of binutils   with the same results

Anyone recognize this error and have a fix?

Thanks,

Richard Slaughter

Firmware Engineer

This message, including any attachments, may contain information
that is confidential and proprietary information of Advanced
Energy Industries, Inc.  The dissemination, distribution, use
or copying of this message or any of its attachments is
strictly prohibited without the express written consent of
Advanced Energy Industries, Inc.