Re: PowerPC FEC problems

IT WORKED!!!! (once anyway)

Much thanks to Mr. Andrew Lunn for telling me to
read the data book. And to Mr.Gary Thomas for
confidence, you told me the driver worked.

There are two statements in the FEC description
that probably should be in bold type:

1--The DB and buffers must be in external memory.
Apparently that means, for this version of this
part, they can not be in EPPC memory.

2--Something like, to save overhead the FEC DMA
uses burst. Apparently that means the the DB and
Buffers MUST be in burstable memory.

I set breakpoints in fec_eth_send() and manually
pointed the DB and buffers to a burstable
location. Packet sent, No bus error, FEC didn't
turn itself off.

Question: Is there a simple way to force these
buffers and BD into another memory location?

I put a static RAM on this board so I could
hopefully use a BDM to download and debug without
having UPM for DRAM programmed or flash drivers
working (it worked well up to now). Note that just
changing the CS (BRx & ORx) is not a good option
as I currently need this RAM to program the UPMs
(that can change when I make things ROMable).

Thanks for all your help so far,
kk