Re: Porting SCTP to eCos

Raghavendar Mani <raghav82@gmail.com> writes:

> hi
>    iam involoved in porting SCTP(stream control transmission protocol)
>    to eCos. inorder to include the SCTP into the N/w package of eCos
>    what procdures i need to follow. LKSCTP kernel implementation for
>    linux environment is avalaible. What constraints i have look in for
>    to implement it.
>    i hope to get valuable informations.

I doubt very much that you will be able to get LKSCTP to work in the
eCos TCP/IP stack. The eCos stack is based on FreeBSD, which is a
completely different implementation to the Linux stack.

There would also be licensing issues to consider.

While there are some SCTP patches for the FreeBSD stack, they are for
more recent versions that we have.

Your best approach would be to find a user-space SCTP implementation,
and port that to eCos.

--
Nick Garnett                                     eCos Kernel Architect
http://www.ecoscentric.com                The eCos and RedBoot experts