Re: Minimum RAM space required for ecos

Just for curiosity... wich bluetooth stack will you deploy?

----- Original Message ----- From: <aprakash@tataelxsi.co.in>
To: "Gary Thomas" <gary@mlbassoc.com>
Cc: "eCos Discussion" <ecos-discuss@ecos.sourceware.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2005 1:50 PM
Subject: Re: [ECOS] Minimum RAM space required for ecos

So minimum 256KB is required, if i'd included Network support.. should i spend more memory for bluetooth ?... or would it share with this 256KB ?...

Thanks Prakash ----- Original Message ----- From: Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com> Date: Thursday, May 26, 2005 6:14 pm Subject: Re: [ECOS] Minimum RAM space required for ecos

On Thu, 2005-05-26 at 17:37 +0500, aprakash@tataelxsi.co.in wrote:
> Hi,
>
>              Thanks for your reply .... I'd like to deploy
bluetooth
> stack and network support.i have ROM in MB and RAM in KBs ..

Any sort of networking is going to require a fair amount of RAM.  I'd
think you'd want no less than 256KB.  Much less than that and you're
just dreaming (IMO).

> Thanks
> Prakash

do/run.> > It is possible to configure a minimal eCos application,
running
> > from
> > ROM, that only uses a very small amount (probably less than
32KB) of
> > RAM.  Of course, such a minimal application won't be able to
really> > do much.