RE: Installation problems - ECOS toolset on Windows platform

On Tue, 2005-05-31 at 12:19 -0700, Andy Voelkel wrote:
> >>So, I thought I'd try invoking the configuration tool from a bash shell. I
> >>negotiated my way to the directory containing the executable, and invoked
> >>it. This time the graphic interface came up, spewed a bunch of text into
> >its
> >>output window, and closed itself. As best I can tell, many of the error
> >>messages contained the string "this package does not have any valid
> >version
> >>subdirectories".
> >>
> >Did you set ECOS_REPOSITORY? Within whatever your basic installation
> >directory (/opt/ecos) you should have a shell script ecosenv.sh (or
> >ecosenv.csh). I recommend you run that after starting your bash shell.
>
> Unfortunately, running these files does not help. I have verified that the
> environment is being properly modified by issuing a "set | grep ECOS"
> command. Interestingly, I accidentally set this variable to the tools/bin
> directory at one point, and got a different error message from
> configtool.exe when I tried to run it. It said "tools/bin does not seem to
> be a repository". It then allowed me to browse to the actual packages folder
> (c:\progs\cygwin\opt\ecos\ecos-2.0\packages on my machine) When I selected
> this directory, I got the same old barrage of error messages about the lack
> of valid version subdirectories, and then configtool.exe quit.

Exactly what do you have ECOS_REPOSITORY set to?  Perhaps you used
"abc\def" instead of "abc/def"?

Also, the scripts 'ecosenv.sh' are not run, but rather included, like
this:
  % . ecosenv.sh
This way, the script can set environment variables which persist in the
calling shell.