Re: Is ecos 2.0 usable without redboot?

On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 08:57:09AM +0900, Judong Kim wrote:
> And ported HAL, the same one in the ecos 1.3.1, to ecos 2.0.

While not yet well experienced with ecos, I'd guess that mixing
potentially incompatible versions of HAL and kernel is a pioneering act,
subject to adventures.

> The problem is ecos 2.0 application doesn't work. even there is no
> message at all. It just reboots again and again. It seems forever.

> Is there any another problems I should consider?

If I correctly understand your reference to porting the HAL, is it
possible that this is not complete. e.g. if
cyg_hal_invoke_constructors() is not called, you'll see things like
crash/reboot when the idle thread should run. (All other threads
blocking)

We're finishing off our first board port now, and find (as usual) that
there's no substitute for an ICE, even if only JTAG, so that reasoning
can be based on some hard evidence.

Incidentally, we're not using redboot, so the answer to the question
asked in the subject line is: Yes

Erik