AW: AW: FLASH access from user program

Hi,

> Von: Hans Berglund [mailto:hb@spacetec.no]
>
> Hi again
>
> I have read the thread, and found that this is what I need.
> The virtual vector interface currently implements read only.
>
> But what was the conclusion of the thread? Is it now implemented in

The conclusion was: it should be implemented using the VV interface.

> eCos, or do I have to get some files from you to add to my
> application?
>
> I read a suggestion of putting the flash updating into the virtual
> vector interface. Is this implemented?

Not yet.
And right now I'm unsure what to do.
Transferring all the functionality into redboot and calling it via VV means adding a lot of opportunities for errors. Right now the code is simple: the fis table is directly accessed and manipulated. Using the VV for everything will introduce some indirections, which will make the code much less obvious and straightforward.
Having to define some constants manually (e.g. the fis table location) is a bad thing. At least some config informations should move to the VV.
And I also don't want to press fis manipulation into a rw-filesystem, since that's not the intended use. It's a ro-filesystem, which can be updated when the firmware of the device is updated.

> BTW: It seems that a lot of effort is put into this to get it safe.

Yes, and it works absolutely reliable for us.

Alex