Re: Help !!

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005, Annamalai Prakash K. (Tata Elxsi ) wrote:

	1. Is there any way to fi want to know, How much RAM space consumed by my
ecos + application ?..

arm-elf-size, although arm-elf-objdump --syms gives you more details where it went.

I have choosen very basic io functionalities like serial port and flash
support.(removed networking packages) ... my application is thread program.
(twothread.c - thread example program comes along with ecos).  I would like
to test this application in an enviroment where i have only 256KB of RAM .

Mostly dosn't matter as the linker gc drops things you don't use.

2. is it possible to simulate the above sincerio in my existing environment ?.. what are the changes, should i do ?.. Could any provide my suggestion ....

Yes, fiddle the memory map (.mlt) file, if the lib/target.ld is right, the linker will whinge if you exceed the ram requirements.

PO Box 1645 Christchurch                Email : john.carter@tait.co.nz
New Zealand

Carter's Clarification of Murphy's Law.