Re: ECOS - MIPS

Hi,

> i dont understand why ecos restricts its users with a configtool and
> templates. i want a clean makefile and module structure. not structuring with
> a config tool or hardware environment. it is really diffucult to add or
> remove a new file. also many files are coupled each other.

eCos is, compared to other embedded OS, a really highly configurable
OS, the configtool and templates are provided to support the user when
selecting an appropriate set of options that fulfill his needs. I
don't believe you want to manage the selction of the numerous features
on your own. In my opinion eCos is not really useable without the
configtool

> i have a board that implements mips core and different to atlas board. there
> must be a clean version of ecos that includes pure mips dependencies. atlas
> dependencies makes people to change their OS choice...

well, eCos does (and you can find them in packages/hal/mips/arch I
think), the other directories you can see are containing
board-specific stuff). Well, and if eCos is not available for the
special board you use, you have to adopt an existing board package,
and that's the case with every embedded OS, because different boards
have different features and thus they need a (at least partly)
specific HAL.

Ciao, Fabian