configtool issue

Hello,

I am new to eCos. I have installed the eCos tools on Windows XP under Cygwin, following the install instructions presented in the documentation (II. Installing eCos) exactly. Moving on the part III. Programming with eCos, I run into problems, in particular when running configtool.

When I start configtool I see a flurry of messages. Here is a snippet of what I see:
ecos.db, package CYGPKG_DEVS_FLASH_POWERPC_TS1000: warning
This package does not have any valid version subdirectories.
ecos.db, package CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_POWERPC_TS1000 warning
Version subdirectory `ts1000' does not have a CDL script `ts1000_eth_drivers.cdl'
<repeated hundreds of times for various packages>
Is this normal?
Where do I go from here?
The documentation does not seem that it is meant to be followed sequentially. It seems that I should next follow section VI. Configuration and the Package Repository to create an eCos build tree for my project. Is this true?
Following section VI, I tried ecosconfig new arm7tdmi. As expected arm7tdmi is not a valid target. Where are the valid targets lists?

My current goal is to get eCos and its TCP/IP stack running to a pingable state on my own hardware (see http://www.its.caltech.edu/~hiszpans/ethphone/ethphone.html for minimal documentation). I'm somewhat lost as how to do this. Do I need to create a custom ecos.ecc file for my hardware? Some pointers would be helpful and appreciated.

Cheers,
Chris