Re: more scheduling priorities

Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch> writes:

> On Sun, Jul 10, 2005 at 03:03:44PM -0700, Will Lentz wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is it possible to get Nick's patch adding more scheduling priorities
> > applied to CVS?  or maybe just put a link to this patch somewhere?
> > http://sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss/2003-03/msg00362.html

You could try applying that patch and see what happens. It may need a
little editing to get it to apply cleanly, but not much has happened
in that code for some time, so it should be too difficult.

> That would be for Nick to decide.

As the message says, this is potentially a destabilizing change to the
scheduler. It really needs some intensive testing, and maybe even some
specific test programs written to exercise it. I'm also not very happy
with the choice of names used here, and the fact that several
assertion tests become impossible, and would like to rewrite it a
little before committing it.

--
Nick Garnett                                     eCos Kernel Architect
http://www.ecoscentric.com                The eCos and RedBoot experts