Re: A suitable x86 based board

R Vamshi Krishna <vamshi@cse.iitb.ac.in> writes:

> Yeah PC Motherboard is also fine. But what I wanted was that is it
> possible to do away with a floppy drive totally ?
>
> We have hard-disk/usb pen drive for logging data ..
> And we have ideflash.
>
> Is it possible to have the application on the hard-drive/usb-pen drive
> /flash such that manual loading can be done away with.
>
> Sorry if the question is too naive ..

If you install GRUB on the boot device then RedBoot can be booted from
there. If you are also booting Linux you will need it anyway. eCos
applications can also be loaded directly from GRUB.

--
Nick Garnett                                     eCos Kernel Architect
http://www.ecoscentric.com                The eCos and RedBoot experts