Issue with VIA Rhine II ethernet Driver on I386 platform in latest code base.

Hi,
     I had ported RedBoot to i386 platform having VIA Rhine II
Ethernet controller. It is working well with the code base that I got
from "http://safariexamples.informit.com/0130354732/";.

I took the latest eCOS code base from
"http://ecos.sourceware.org/anoncvs.html"; by executing the command
"cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anoncvs@ecos.sourceware.org:/cvs/ecos co -P
ecos".
I did the porting of the VIA Rhine driver to the i386 platform in
latest code base. The system failed to boot. So i tried to debug it by
enabling the DEBUG in Rhine driver and some more diag_printf
statements. So after adding debug I got the system booting and got
DHCP ip address from the DHCP server. I am able to telnet to the
target.

I want to know what might be reason that makes my system to come up
once I add the debug message. Do I need to change the memory
configuration of my system while porting the driver to i386 platform?

Does any one faced similar problem. What I forgot to do while porting
VIA Rhine to i386 platform? Does any one know what is needs to be done
while porting any driver to RedBoot or ECOS platform on i386 target.

Kindly help me if anyone aware of this issue.

Regards,
Sriram.R