Re: RedBoot/Basic test working... context not?

On Thu, 2005-07-21 at 19:12 +0200, Stefan Sommerfeld wrote:
> Hi,
> >>
> >> I'm using a  XScale SO-DIMM module (Ka-Ro Triton270) and moving from the
> >> development board to the destination plattform. If I run 'basic' or
> >> 'cache'
> >> test on the destination plattform, it works, but context does not. I
> >> guess
> >> context switching doesn't work, but i wonder what is the cause of this.
> >> What is needed for context switching? I would think it's only timer/cpu
> >> related stuff, so there couldn't be any influence from GPIO's.
> >>
> >> Any hints why context switch doesn't work?
> >
> > What do you mean by doesn't work? Does it give an error message? Does
> > an assert fail? Send out smoke signals as the SO-DIMM modules melts?
>
> I added some debug output and found the position where it stops:
>
>  HAL_THREAD_LOAD_CONTEXT( &sp[0] );
>
> 'context' executes this macro and stopped working (no output anymore).
> There's also no output from entry0. I sure it's some hardware influence,
> but why does the threading doesn't work?

Because this is much more complicated than the tests that you've
already run!  The biggest difference is that interrupts are normally
enabled as part of the change of context.  If you've got some I/O
misconfigured (based on your query about GPIO), this could be the
problem.