Re: which gcc toolchain to use ?

> Andrew,
>
> I just went around looking for the toolchain and i came across this "
> ... some problems with gnu
> tools on cygwin... ecos on cygwin is not supported... "
>
> And Now i have this doubt "Development on cygwin?" or "Development on
> linux?".  Although i am
> more comfortable working on windows, i would definitely like to avoid
> extra work needed (if its
> the case) to make it work using cygwin.

The toolchain available for download from the eCos site works OK on
cygwin. The configtool has problem with modern versions of cygwin. To
fix that you want to use a recent snapsnot. You can download that from
www.ecoscentric.com, from the DevZone section, or just use the CLI
tool, ecosconfig.

Having said that, i beleave most of the maintainers use Linux as there
host platform. Its generally just less hassle. Also, using the
synthetic target is very useful and it is Linux only.

        Andrew