Re: using threads causes exceptions

Hi,

I'm using eCos on an XScale PXA270 and i have a problem using threads. My
program does only start a thread from main() and after this function calls
from thread causes ABORT DATA exceptions (MMU info: Imprecise External Data
Abort). Even a printf causes this exception. The strange thing is, the eCos
thread tests are working, even the stress test. Do i have to do some
initialisation? Should i better use cyg_start() instead of main()?

Using main() is just fine. Most likely, you've not created the stack for the thread correctly. Or perhaps it's something within your thread itself.

I tried a static and a dynamically allocated stack with different sizes. Now i reduced the whole program to just the thread starting, a printf and the thread exit. But now the program crashes after thread exit. So there must be something wrong.

> Have you tried running the program using GDB? Then you can catch
the culprit and know where to start looking.

I'm working on it, but it's quite slow ...

Bye...