Re: Fwd: ecos porting for Atmel AT91RM9200-DK

Hi,

I succeeded in compiling and running redboot on my lomx-board with an
additional AT45DB041B Dataflash.
I had to modify my atmel bootloader so it
- supports my small dataflash device,
  (quite simple, changes available at request if someone is interested)
- loads redboot at the correct address (0x20001000),
  (I corrected this value and suddenly it just worked)
- and uses the correct PLL settings, but now it works.
  (you get funny characters on the serial console if the clock settings
  are not correct and you try to boot linux.)

I used the gcc version of the atmel bootloader (from teest.com, version 1.01).
You seem to use version 1.02 of the bootloader. Do you use the ADS compiler
or is there also a gcc version of it ? (I use the ecos gcc for the
bootloader, too.)

I also noticed that the default frequency setting in redboot is at 184MHz.
(CYGNUM_HAL_ARM_AT91RM9200_CPU_CLOCK). I thought the CPU would always run at
180MHz ? At least the current AT91RM9200 errata (page 2) says the PLL is
limited to 180MHz.

I get some timeouts when I use tftp when downloading big files, but not too
many.

I can not boot the linux delivered with my board, as this uses a ramdisk
and thus would require the redboot exec command. I can run it via "go", but of
course then I get a kernel panic. But this is not a problem to me as I do not
want to use linux here anyway.

Bye,
Wolfgang