Re: interrupt/virtual vectors confusion

> >You probably need to change this so that it runs in user flash boot
> >mode. If you don't have RAM at 0x0 there is no way to change the
> >vectors. I expect if you run the eCos tests which test interrupts they
> >will fail.
> >

> And booting in RAM mode Redboot would still work because the first thing
> it does is copy itself into RAM? My current Redboot setup is running in
> ROM mode (CYG_HAL_STARTUP == ROM). Presumably that would need changing
> to ROMRAM then?

It should still be able to run in ROM. It just need to take care when
the ROM is remapped out from 0x0 that it is already running from the
mapping at the higher address space. You will find the existing ARM
platforms do this. What is actually quite common is that the reset
vector jumps straight into the high address mapping.

        Andrew