ecos timer question

Hi -
I'm trying to develop a system that is required to go to sleep in such a
manner that the OS and all system clocks are stopped, with the exception
of a background RTC.  When the system awakens, I need to be able to
adjust the eCos real time clock base to account for the time I calculate
has elapsed during sleep.  It would seem that I need to be able to use
void set_value( cyg_tick_count new_value);, but I don't know how to call
this function or how to treat it's arguments.  I'm guessing that this is
more complicated than I've suggested, but I am somewhat new to dealing
with this kernel stuff.

Is what I'm trying to do possible?  Can anyone help me out?

Thanks...
Ben